Bridgebuilders Connected

Keeping our session connected via bloggerland! Fundraising ideas, prayer requests/praise reports, funny stories from ministry and family, pictures, updates, you name it....you can post it here (well, you know what I mean).

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The Officer's Struggle

I posted this on my personal blog, but wanted to get some input from our visitors here.

Ok, no lengthy post...just a quote I discovered online from General Booth that sums up the struggle we all face as Officers. We are called to serve, but we can't serve without funding, but the funding doesn't come without service....ARGHH

Booth admitted:
I have been trying all my life to stretch out my arms so as to reach with one hand the poor and at the same time keep the other in touch with the rich. But my arms are not long enough. I find that when I am in touch with the poor I lose my hold upon the rich, and when I reach up to the rich I let go of the poor.
(http://www.thewarcollege.com/bti_info.html)

Feel free to comment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Hit Counters